Monroe Oregon is located in South-East Benton County and nestled in the foothills of the Coast Range. Strategically positioned in the mid-Willamette Valley, the City of Monroe is between Corvallis and Oregon State University to the north and Eugene with the University of Oregon to the south. This unique location offers very diverse opportunities including hiking and mountain biking, fishing on the Alsea River, Division I sports at both Oregon State University and the University of Oregon, or wine tasting at local wineries. Monroe’s beautiful natural surroundings offers an attractive site for business and tourist development.
1. Public Hearing to receive public input to declare the City Owned Property at 125 S. 5th (Gas Station) as surplus City Property.
2. A Public Hearing to receive public input for Ordinance 18-400. An Ordinance regulating the planting, maintenance, protection control, and removal of trees within the City of Monroe.
3. A Public Hearing to receive public input for Ordinance 18-500 ORDINANCE. An Ordinance regulating the growing and development of marijuana/cannabis products and the nuisances of odors involving the growth and smoking of products within the the City of Monroe.
4. A Public Hearing to receive public input for Ordinance 18-200. An Ordinance amending Monroe Land Use Development Code clarifying and defining accessory use units within the City of Monroe.
For additional information, click here.
Benton County Public Works will host a second series of community workshops for the public to review proposed transportation system improvements and projects to be included in the update of the County’s Transportation System Plan (TSP). The workshops will be open house style and feature multiple opportunities for community input as well as staff presentations and question and answer sessions
English Language Session*
- When: 5:30–7:30 PM │July 19
- Where: Monroe Community Library
Spanish Language Session*
- Cuando: 7:30-9:00 PM│Aug. 29
- Dónde: Amigos de Monroe United Methodist Church, 648 Orchard Street, Monroe, OR
*Dial-a-Bus available for seniors and persons with a disability. Please contact Dial-a-Bus at least 24-hours in advance: 541-752-2615
Full details on all the workshops throughout the County can be found here.
On July 25, 2018 the City Council approved a stormwater rate increase of $2.00 to all utility customers. This rate increase will help fund future stormwater projects like upgrading the ditches and culverts on 8th Street.
To view the adopted resolution outlining the changes, click here.
Click here to view all 2018 General Election information.